RADAR explores the conceptual idea of a palindrome, and the notion of being targeted while invisible. This piece is a musical response to the violence experienced by Indigenous people, particularly Indigenous women, Two-Spirit, and Trans-identified persons.
RADAR is a companion piece to Contraries: a chamber requiem to create a full concert experience.
“RADAR’s use of space and crunchy sonorities were haunting.“– Dylan Langan, Vera Causa Opera
Music by Spy Dénommé-Welch & Catherine Magowan
1 x oboe
1 x bassoon
1 x horn
1 x bass trombone
1 x guitar
1 x timpani
- September 7, 2019: Celebration of Nations Festival (Partridge Hall, First Ontario Performing Arts Centre, St. Catharines)
- Director: Spy Dénommé-Welch
- Music Director: Catherine Magowan
- Assistant Music Director: Benjamin Stein
- Knowledge Carrier: Jean Becker
- Instruments: Colin Maier, Kevin Harris, Iris Krizmanic, Justin McLean, Benjamin Stein, Laura Savage